Wednesday, August 15, 2007

She's Dead but she was ---The Best of the Best

My sister was very giving, to the point of obsession, I think! But that is what made her such a wonderful human being, everyone got a taste of what she had to offer in this life! She has been giving to me since my birth, since she is 11 yrs my senior. And for a while it was enjoyable until it became overwhelming.

I am totally the opposite of Lea, while she likes to shop, buy presents and remember peoples birthday's. I like to be in the house, figuring things out on the internet and learning how to do new things! But that made us the perfect sister pair. She did what I couldn't do well and visa versa.

But Lea also loved to receive and it was so hard for me because when I thought of gifts, I thought of unique things, but it seems that Lea almost had everything so it was really hard to give her anything. To the point where I just gave up trying. Now that she is gone I regret not trying hard enough... Cause I have all the mementos that she have gave me over the years or at least the ones I've kept.

She loved to give me sister books, and poetry books because I write and love poetry.

Those who bring
sunshine to the lives
of others cannot keep
it from themselves.
----James M. Barrie
A Little Book; Hugs for Sisters


Amazon.com: hugs for sisters: Books

No comments: